Dear friends and clients of Taatjes Financial Group – our top priority is and always has been the health, safety and well-being of our clients and their families. With regards to the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are providing alternative meeting options for our client’s safety.
Why the Consideration
Our clients travel extensively and many are returning from other states and destinations at this time. We serve hundreds of clients that fall under the “high risk” category for potential infection. When we combine these factors, it becomes clear we should provide alternative meeting options. During market volatility, meeting with clients is of the utmost importance. But, we do not want to let COVID-19 disrupt the service we provide.
What You Should Know
- If you prefer an in-person meeting, we will continue to accommodate.
- As an alternative, we will be available utilizing phone and computer-based methods.
- Our employees or members of their households who demonstrate symptoms of acute respiratory illness are encouraged to work from home until they are free of symptoms and fever.
- Our office continues to be cleaned and properly sanitized daily as a standard of our normal business operations.
Your investments are designed to support your long-term objectives and needs. In situations like this it is important to have perspective and remember that swift market decreases and increases are not unusual. Of course, the headlines can be scary, and fear of the unknown can be even worse.
What Should You Do?
The answer is simple: Don’t panic and keep perspective. It’s not fun seeing your portfolio decrease in value, although we know market volatility is normal and expected. The key is to look at the long-term big picture.
Acknowledge that financial planning is not just about the ups and downs of the markets – it’s about cash flow and strategy over the long term. The virus and how it spreads are completely out of our control, but our reaction to the financial markets is something we can control.
- Sometimes the best change is no change at all
- Reconsider distributions if your cash is sufficient to meet your spending needs
- If a Roth Conversion aligns with your long term goals this may be a time to consider
- Consider funding your Roth or Traditional IRA while the markets are down
- Potentially utilize cash positions to purchase additional shares as prices drop
Our office is open and we want to maintain our regular client meetings. However, we value your safety. Therefore, we will be providing an alternative to an in-person meeting. Our staff will be implementing phone meetings whenever requested or necessary.
In the event that our office or our personnel has to work remotely, we will still be available through our main line 320.222.4236 during normal business hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions about your specific situation, please contact us. We are here for you and thank you for your continued trust and confidence.